polly meaning nirvana
Anonymous This song is about a girl that was raped after a nirvana concert. :-( And his last name was friend hence "rape me my friend" in Rape Me. Polly Lyrics: Polly wants a cracker / I think I should get off her first / I think she wants some water / To put out the blow torch / Isn't me, have a seed / Let me clip dirty wings / Let me In 2015, Rolling Stone ranked it number 29 in their ranking of 102 Nirvana songs, with Julianne Sheperd writing, "Though it's certainly not a protest song, it deftly delves into the mind of a sicko, like a succinct Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, and is an example of the thoughtful depths Cobain was willing to plumb." It seems there was a rumour that the 14 year old victim of rape and torture that included use of a blow torch, feigned boredom to trick her captor. The man who ran Nirvana's first label gets beyond the sensationalism (drugs, Courtney) to discuss their musical and cultural triumphs in the years before Nevermind. For songwriters, Johnny represents the American man. You have to think what it meant to you, and there is not only one solution, it can have infinite meanings. Song meanings ©2003-2020 lyricinterpretations.com. The first single to simultaneously top the UK and US charts was The Everly Brothers' "Cathy's Clown" in May 1960. The lyrics follow the perspective of a rapist who, having tied up a girl, now fluctuates between treating her as his pet and absentmindedly torturing her. the song however, is not about polly klaas. Cobain wrote this from the perspective of a victim replying to a rapist. Nirvana had to change the title listed on the album to "Waif Me" before Wal-Mart would carry it. actually i read a blog from someone who said that that they were on the jury for this case and what really happend was a girl named polly who was a 14 year old runaway ran away from home and was living in friends closets and then she was hanging out at this place i forgot the name for it but anyway it was a popular place for hookers and she willing got into the car with gerald friend and he took her back to his place were he raped her and tied h He ends up in jail and is raped there. The bass player is anti crime, anti rascism ect. The song is a sham conspiracy.no rape ever occurred.the 14 yr. was "on the stroll" and would do anything for a "hit".Polly wanted a cracker (crack).The both of them a match made in heaven. The girl, she didn’t reach home that night. dont rape people. The stories behind the biggest hit songs about trucking. This song actually has a really brutal, depressing, terrifying origin. Then I guess Kurt heard about it and wrote this song. "Maybe she would like more food"-tells the listener that he pretty much starved her. To Kurt this song was, probably, about a girl who got raped. A 49-year-old man named Gerald Friend offered her a ride. The song isn't about a girl called Polly. Not surprisingly, he would go on to become the most literate of rockers. })(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright, this is a song Kurt wrote after he read a newspaper where the headlining story was about a man named Gerald Friend who abducted a girl after a concert in Tacoma.

Inbetweeners Gif, Be A Light Thomas Rhett Chords Piano, Bewildered Mickey And Sylvia, Wrexham Fc Away Kit, Austenland Trivia, Bradley Whitford Mom, Master Vikas Child Actor, Virendra Saxena Child, Professor Levy Crimes And Misdemeanors, Hero (2002 Explained), Made In Italy Hours, Kiss Me, Guido Streaming, Rango Full Movie Online, Tom Evans Grey's Anatomy, Who Originally Wrote Dirt Road Anthem, Do Kyungsoo Sister, Middlemarch Episode 2, The Power Of The Dog, Matisyahu Jerusalem, Mr Lonely Chords Tyler, The Hummingbird Project Budget, The Kingdom Of The Winds Goo Chu, Imaad Shah And Saba Azad, Thou Shalt Not Kill Season 2, Homecoming Season 2 Episode 1 Amazon Prime, Pokemon Sword, Sctv Season 1 Dvd, Frontpage Woman, Harold And The Purple Crayon Activities, Roger Brown 1973, Olson Auctions, Get In Phrasal Verb, Ollie Watkins Net Worth, Postman Pronunciation, The General In His Labyrinth Synopsis, Nora Movie Cast, Las Vegas Fire And Rescue Explorer Program, Best Mouse Repellent, 50 Usd To Hungarian Forint, What Is Gaffer Tape Used For, Mrs Serial Killer 2, In The End Or At The End Of The Story, Rachel Bloom Instagram, Country Mullet, Be A Light Thomas Rhett Official Video, Rascal Flatts - Life Is A Highway Lyrics, Father And Sons Delivery, Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai Cast, Jodha Akbar Episode 35, Sarah Lahbati Instagram, By Hook Or By Crook Quotes, Stream Jungleland Movie, Andrew Ladd Wife, Quantico Triangle, Welcome 2 Life, Feels Like A Hair On My Face, Galvanize Bootcamp, The Crash 1929, Contemporary Plays, King Kong (2005 Awards), Boa Age, Param Singh Upcoming Web Series, White Châteauneuf Du Pape Food Pairing, Avenue Outlet, The Romantics Poets, Rachel Bloom Instagram, Hiding Under A Rock, César Award For Best Film, Damian And Janis, Giselle Maxwell List Released, Ailee Husband, Joy Height, Jane Ira Bloom: Sixteen Sunsets, John Was Trying To Contact Aliens Reddit, Why Were Roads Built, Taza Chef Apache,