mom and dad save the world todd
So quotable, family friendly, and so funny! If you like Down Pariscope or One Crazy Summer you'll love it. Please try again. Zemeckis is joined by a world-class team of filmmakers, including Alfonso Cuarón, Guillermo del Toro and Kenya Barris. Not a personal favorite but it has great storyline. John Lovitz, Jeffrey Jones, Teri Garr, Eric Idle and Kathy Ireland star in the uproarious sci-fi comedy that sets the world spinning: MOM AND DAD SAVE THE WORLD. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. I love this movie. This needs to be on DVD (and in widescreen!) Mom and Dad Save the World (1992):Mom and Dad Save the World is a movie starring Teri Garr, Jeffrey Jones, and Jon Lovitz. Tod has only one aim: destroy planet earth and lead Spengo to glory. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Mom and Dad Save the World at Amazon.com. Teri Garr plays Marge Nelson and Jeffrey Jones plays Dick Nelson, her husband. As the boy and his grandmother encounter some deceptively glamorous but thoroughly diabolical witches, she wisely whisks him away to a seaside resort. Search. All and all, if you're looking for a fun, funny movie, watch this. Just a fun goof with over the top dumb stuff, Reviewed in the United States on March 14, 2018. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. There are only two problems that stand in his way: Tod is an idiot, and so is everyone on his planet. Spengo is smitten with the thought that he must have her, and uses a giant magnet, kidnaps her and her husband Dick (played by Jeffery Jones) hoping to make Marge his before blowing up the Earth. I've been a fan of Jon Lovett since his Saturday Night Live days. Will Marge leave Dick and marry Todd? I think that Eric Idle was wasted, but overall was a cool movie. Don't take this movie too seriously, because it certainly doesn't and that is exactly the way it should be. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Really cheesey production values and "Airplane""-style humor make this an underappreciated classic. But while scoping out his target he spots Marge, an everyday housewife, played by Teri Garr and it's lust at first site. Jeffrey Jones, Teri Garr, Eric Idle, Kathy Ireland, Reviewed in the United States on March 30, 2018. Your ISP and Government can monitor you! Based on the serial Buck Rogers days and filled with moronic gags that actually play very well, this film is a small gem with great heart and guaranteed smiles. It's sad how defensive positive reviews of this movie are. Silly, stupid, ridiculous, mindless and juvenile all correctly describe Mom and Dad Save the World. That being said, it is entertainingly bad, like Troll 2 or The Room. Very funny. A role written for Jon Lovitz! Get $5 Off Towards a Movie Download. Buy this DVD for the exciting conclusion. Reviewed in the United States on May 27, 2016. John Lovitz, Jeffrey Jones, Teri Garr, Eric Idle and Kathy Ireland star in the uproarious sci-fi comedy that sets the world spinning: MOM AND DAD SAVE THE WORLD. Watching it as an adult, I just shake my head and wonder "What were they thinking?". He and other inhabitants of his planet are somewhat less than bright, and Dick begins reliving episodes of Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers in order to rescue Marge, save the Earth, and restore the rightful king to the throne. Although most people know him as the surly principal in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, this movie is Jeffery Jones' finest work. Reviewed in the United States on May 16, 2018. Jon Lovitz plays Emperor Tod Spengo, who is the cruel, silly and over-dramatic emperor of the planet named Spengo. Reviewed in the United States on May 2, 2020. I've been a fan of Jon Lovett since his Saturday Night Live days. Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2020. Dick, like any of us would, asks "Why would anyone pick it up?" For being an older movie (1992) the effects are pretty good and everyone who likes silliness will loves this.Read full review, Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Best Selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs. I recommend it if you'll love science fiction/comedy film. Based on the serial Buck Rogers days and filled with moronic gags that actually play very well, this film is a small gem with great heart and guaranteed smiles.Read full review. Shipped with USPS Media Mail. Dick, like any of us would, asks "Why would anyone pick it up?" The planet holds its breath, but you'll laugh out loud when MOM AND DAD SAVE THE WORLD. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 10, 2004. It is absolutely, unequivocally bad. This is one of my all time favorite quirky films, Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2018. - MERK. ", Omg I loved this as a kid, my kids now get to enjoy it. item 1 Mom and Dad Save the World (DVD, 2005) 1 -, item 2 Mom & Dad Save the World DVD Greg Beeman(DIR) 1992 2 -, item 3 Mom and Dad Save the World (DVD, 2005) 3 -, item 4 Mom and Dad Save the World (DVD, 2005) 4 -, item 5 Mom and Dad Save the World (DVD, 2005) 5 -, item 6 Mom and Dad Save the World (DVD, 2005) 6 -, item 7 MICHAEL PHILLIPS - Mom And Dad Save World - DVD - Multiple Formats Mint Disc 7 -, 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 32 product ratings. An alien Overlord plans to blow up the Earth but first, he snatches and proposes to marry an Earthman's wife. Reviewed in the United States on July 13, 2020. When I received the dvd this morning I checked the dvd, there was no subtitles for the hard of hearing, when I checked in the website it was shown that it had English subtitles very disappointed. Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned, This 1992 comedy romp was touted with the tag line of "Boldly going where no parents have gone before", need I say more. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I know it's not deep or intellectual but it is fun and that's why I like it. Mom and Dad Save The World sounded like the best movie ever: Jeffery Jones is abducted by aliens, Jon Lovtiz steals his wife and he needs to get her back. If you’re looking for a hilariously entertaining science fiction comedy to help you escape from your own reality this is it. Wonderfully Odd and funny. I remember watching this when I was younger and absolutely loving it! It's a silly and quirky movie that starts in the US and takes you on a journey to a small out of the way planet named Spengo, after its emperor Todd Spengo. Mom and Dad Save the World (DVD, 2005). Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Lovett plays Todd Spengo, the bumbling yet smarmy ruler of the tiny planet Spengo. When I saw it was available I grabbed it up right away. The movie is a breath of fresh air in a business that tends to take itself way too seriously. A young mother reconnects with her larger-than-life playboy father on an adventure through New York. I love Teri Garr a gorgeous and talented actress. Garr and Jones sell their Mom and Dad roles and don't sink the effort by trying to be ironic or campy. Lovett plays Todd Spengo, the bumbling yet smarmy ruler of the tiny planet Spengo. A six? Always checked dvd has English subtitles for hard of hearing. "Mom and Dad Save the World" is a Saturday afternoon popcorn film with friends and the kids. I used to watch this as a kid, so I thought I'd give it a shot for some nostalgia. This video is unavailable. Park your brain, and take a trip to the tiniest planet in the universe, ruled by idiots. LOL . This is a bad movie. I can't give this less than 5 stars for nostalgic cult classic reasons. The lowest-priced brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable).Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.See details for additional description. Great costumes, props and some laugh out loud moments. And what about Earth? As usual, Amazon came through with a great selection of movies! Lord Todd suffers from planet envy so … As Tod aims his death ray at Earth, he spots Marge Nelson, an average American housewife, and falls hopelessly in love. Jon Lovitz is alien emperor Tod, ruler of Spengo, the tiniest planet on the universe. So if you like his comedy stylings you're going to love Mom and Dad Save the World. Some cheeses ripen quite well with age! I really wasn't expecting it to have aged that well, but I was actually surprised. A cult classic unrealized. Or will Dick be too busy leading a revolution on Spengo? The outlandish costumes, musical numbers, and general mayhem immerse you in a realm of idiotic fantasy. cue Marge, save the Earth, and restore the rightful emperor to the throne. For some reason all of the people on this planet are idiots and Dick Nelson(Jones) and and his wife Marge (Terri Garr) have little trouble deceiving the hapless guards and doing their best to escape Spengo's (played brilliantly by Jon Lovitz) grasp. 5.0 out of 5 stars based on 78 product ratings, 5.0 out of 5 stars based on 56 product ratings, 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 65 product ratings, 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 124 product ratings, 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 187 product ratings, 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 246 product ratings, 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 107 product ratings. This is a classic 90's style film that makes absolutely no sense. Everyone took this seriously enough to get it up and keep it up in the air. Some great character actors, including Wallace Shawn contribute to the fun. It as though the reviewers fear upsetting that Great Todd Spengo of the film world, the Cult of Star Wars. in the US. This is one of my all time favorite quirky films. If you're a fan of camp and nostalgia, go for it. What’d you think? Loading... Close. Emperor Tod Spengo sees Marge Nelson and using a giant magnet, kidnaps her and her husband Dick, hoping to make her his bride before blowing up the Earth. If you're planning on buying this for the stellar performances, compelling story line, and breathtaking special effects, skip it. I remember I saw this in the movies (I had nachos that day, which I remember for some reason), and this movie rocked. Kick back, put your brain on hold and just enjoy the movie. I love it for all those reasons. If somehow you could take "Star Wars", and "Idiocracy", and put them in a blender, you would pour out ":Mom and Dad Save the World". Can Dick rescue Marge and save Planet Earth? Oh, and one more thing, never, never, never, never, pick up a light grenade. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Robert Porter 14,408 views. ... Todd the destroyer... - Duration: 1:48. Saw this and wasn't sure WHAT to expect - but this is a cool movie. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Don't take this movie too seriously, because it certainly doesn't and that is exactly the way it should be. Tod has only one … In this animated musical, a girl builds a rocket ship and blasts off, hoping to meet a mythical moon goddess. Please try again. I will say, the costumes, as crazy and unrealistic as they were, were pretty great. Sadly it is not as cool as that. You will never forget the mushrooms. Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. See Full Cast + Crew for Kids Camp: MOM AND DAD SAVE THE WORLD Features Load More Features Movie Reviews Presented by Rotten Tomatoes. 1:48. One of my favorite parts of the movie is when a group of Spengo's soldiers come upon a light grenade that instantly vaporizes any who pick it up. Thanks Amazon! Just a fun goof with over the top dumb stuff. Hilarious film with great performances and role by Teri Garr, Jeffrey Jones, Jon Lovitz, Kathy Ireland, and Eric Idle. For being an older movie (1992) the effects are pretty good and everyone who likes silliness will loves this. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + No Import Fees Deposit & $8.98 Shipping to Hong Kong. On the planet, they discover a world of fantastic creatures, many of whom would like to see Tod removed from the throne.

Why Was Caligula A Bad Emperor, Film Techniques Glossary, Touch Me Song, We Are One: A Global Film Festival Youtube, Crackstreams Mlb, Saint Nicholas Death, Kazan Meaning In Arabic, Ja Sanam Mujhko Hai Pyar Pe Aitbaar Mp3 320kbps, How To Pronounce Ploy, Nuclear Missile, What Grade Is Homecoming In High School, Limitless Movie Watch Online, Never In Spanish, Raktanchal Season 2 Release Date, August Etymology, Where I Lived, And What I Lived For Thesis, Steelo Brim Instagram, Lucy In The Sky Book Pdf, Aldo Deals, Kaitlynn Carter And Brody Jenner, Unforgotten Season 3 Episode 3 Recap, What Happened To Exo Xiumin, Squirtle Evolution, Imogen Millais-scott, Where To Go After Blackthorn City, Escape To The Chateau Season 6 Episode 4, Four Seasons Taeyeon Lyrics, And Justice There Is None, Shameless Lyrics, How Old Was Paolo In The Lizzie Mcguire Movie In Real Life, Millennium Mambo Full Movie English Sub, Los Angeles Fire Department Emt Jobs, The Expanse Season 1 Episode 2 Explained, The Devil's Chair Devon, Love Unconditionally, Quiz On Quizzes, Lmao Meme, The Silver Chalice Full Movie Youtube, Sa Coroner, When Does Forever After All - Luke Combs Come Out, Diamond In The Rough Synonym, Twice Song Lyrics Korean, Cure Sentence, Lucky Chens Menu,