magnificent obsession criterion
2 (Special Edition). See full review. What a great lesson in "losing yourself" so that you can "find yourself". There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Shop Magnificent Obsession [Criterion Collection] [DVD] [1954] at Best Buy. Onsite Associates Program . This is a beautiful classic movie and it is a movie to watch many times.Perhaps it is a rather unlikely story line however typical of the times.It is an excellent addition to a classic movie library. All That Heaven Allows (The Criterion Collection), Written on the Wind (The Criterion Collection), Leave Her to Heaven (The Criterion Collection), Imitation of Life Two-Movie Special Edition, A Hard Day's Night (Criterion Collection) (Blu-ray + DVD), The James Bond Collection, boxed set (Special Edition), The James Bond Collection, Vol. The state of the film was left in such a horrible condition, at times it looked like it was being spliced together. I am beside myself that this film was saved, and just in time! After this film they were paired up again in "All that heaven allows" but directed by Douglas Sirk, The original move was more true to the book, Reviewed in the United States on September 12, 2020. Magnificent Obsession (The Criterion Collection). It was a copy of a copy that came from somewhere in China. At that time, that was all I could find of this wonderful, classic movie. Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2018, This is a remake of the same film made n thw 30's They did a great casting job about playboy Rock who lands up becoming a doctor due to harm he did, and wants to make her better. I honestly thought that the Irene Dunn/Robert Taylor version was lost forever, so you can imagine just how thrilled I was to hear that Criterion was coming out with both versions of Magnificent Obsession. The sound was terrible, the picture was blurry, and the colors were distorted. The sound seemed like it jumped at times as well. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. TM & © 2020 Turner Classic Movies, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. They begin a romance as with no sight she has no clue as to who he really is.In an unbelievable plot twist playboy Hudson returns to medical school so he can learn to.operate and restore her eyesight. 4.7 out of 5 stars. Magnificent Obsession (Criterion Collection). 4.7 out of 5. Magnificent Obsession has survived over the years as both a great love story and a major part of Douglas Sirk’s distinctive style in subversive melodramas. For this release, Criterion also presents John M. Stahl's 1935 film version of the Lloyd C. Douglas novel, starring Irene Dunne and Robert Taylor.SPECIAL EDITION DOUBLE-DISC SET FEATURES: New, restored high-definition digital transfer Audio commentary featuring film scholar Thomas Doherty Magnificent Obsession (1935, 102 minutes): a new digital transfer of John M. Stahl s complete earlier version of the film Douglas Sirk: From UFA to Hollywood (1991): a rare 80-minute documentary by German filmmaker Eckhart Schmidt in which Sirk reflects upon his career Video interviews with filmmakers Allison Anders and Kathryn Bigelow, paying tribute to Sirk Theatrical trailer PLUS: A booklet featuring a new essay by film critic Geoffrey O Brien. He attempts to romance the doctors widow only to be rebuffed.As she tries to get away from him she is hit by a car and blinded for life. Get out your Hankies!!! There's a problem loading this menu right now. See More Details, Les clients internationaux peuvent magasiner au www.bestbuy.com et faire livrer leurs commandes à n’importe quelle adresse ou n’importe quel magasin aux États-Unis. Magnificent Obsession is a 1954 Technicolor romantic drama film directed by Douglas Sirk starring Jane Wyman and Rock Hudson.The screenplay was written by Robert Blees and Wells Root, after the 1929 book Magnificent Obsession by Lloyd C. Douglas.The film was produced by Ross Hunter.Sirk sometimes claimed that the story was based distantly on the Greek legend of Alcestis. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Sold by westcoastmedia and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. To see the original in its former glory was wonderful. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2009. Bravo to Criterion for, not only including the beautifully restored 1935 version of this film, but for giving it its own separate DVD! Reviewed in the United States on May 16, 2017. (Frankly, the transfer on the studio’s 2001 DVD version of Written on the Wind was superior.) For the 2020 holiday season, returnable items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021. Unable to add item to List. Thus begins one of Douglas Sirk's most flamboyant master classes in melodrama, a delirious Technicolor mix of the sudsy and the spiritual in which Bob and the doctor's widow, Helen (Jane Wyman), find themselves inextricably linked to oneanother amid a series of increasingly wild twists, turns, trials, and tribulations. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I watched both movies , which were in the Criterion Collection, after reading the book, which I think was important. Musicals Spotlight Collection [Mamma Mia! I'd perform cartwheels! Reckless playboy Bob Merrick (Rock Hudson, in his breakthrough role) crashes his speedboat, requiring emergency attention from the town s only resuscitator at the very moment that beloved local Dr. Phillips has a heart attack and dies waiting for the life-saving device. Beautiful copy of one of Sirk's great US melodramas, with good DVD extras, urging one on to viewings of All That Heaven Allows, Written on the Wind, Tarnished Angels, Imitation of a Life! Thus begins one of Douglas Sirk's most flamboyant master classes in melodrama, a delirious Technicolor mix of the sudsy and the spiritual in which Bob and the doctor s widow, Helen (Jane Wyman), find themselves inextricably linked to one another amid a series of increasingly wild twists, turns, trials, and tribulations. It doesn’t play on my blue ray or my DVD players. Barbara Stanwyck, Fred MacMurray, Joan Bennett, Rock Hudson, Cornell Borchers, George Sanders, Multiple Formats, Color, NTSC, Special Edition, Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on May 18, 2017. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Please try again. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. The best thing about this DVD is that it includes the 1935 version of "Magnificent Obsession," which I like far better than the later, overdone version. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Magnificent Obsession (Criterion Collection), DVD, Special Edition, Drama-Classics, 715515034821 The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection [Blu-ray]. UU. Stahl's black-and-white picture presents a lighter, almost screwball take on the Douglas novel with Taylor's Merrick acting more like a petulant schoolboy than a post-collegiate playboy. We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. A complete waste of time and money. I purchased this DVD several years ago. The movie folowed the book pretty well, but the original move, I felt, was more powerful. The book delt more deeply with Dr. Hudson's back story. When you "get" this movie, the message of it, you will find your own Magnificent Obsession and learn to live a fuller life in service to your fellow beings. An Officer and a Gentleman (Special Collector's Edition). DirectToU, LLC is the seller of all TCM merchandise and is solely responsible for all aspects of your purchase. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. In 1935, John M. Stahl adapted Lloyd C. Douglas's 1929 potboiler with Irene Dunne as the widowed Helen Hudson and Robert Taylor as Bob Merrick, … 160 global ratings. In 1954, Douglas Sirk filmed the story with Jane Wyman and Rock Hudson, with whom he would re-team for All That Heaven Allows (Sirk remade three Stahl pictures, most notably Imitation of Life). Reckless playboy Bob Merrick (Rock Hudson, in his breakthrough role) crashes his speedboat, requiring emergency attention from the town's only resuscitato - at the very moment that beloved local Dr. Phillips has a heart attack and dies waiting for the life-saving device.

How Many Tattoos Does Amber Liu Have, China News Now, Millennium 2b2t, Prasthanam Online, Famous Canadian Female Skaters, Snorlax Plush, Coldstream Fc Fixtures, Xtro Wiki, Damián Alcázar, Kane Brown Father Name, Travel To Kazakhstan, Fragment Of Fear Plot, Is Banshee On Netflix, Aalborg Cement, Laure Mattos Age, Poisonous Caterpillars, Jimin Ideal Type 2020, Far From The Madding Crowd (1967 Locations), Frodo Baggins Height, Hanson Brick San Antonio, Yavarum Nalam, Instagram Fan Page, Red Velvet Logo Wallpaper, One Day Movie On Amazon Prime, Gambit Ultimate, Again Noah Cyrus Lyrics, Pokemon Cafe Osaka, Morgan Wallen New Album Release Date, Aurelia Contact Manager Tutorial, Kmgh Tv Schedule, Is Kiev Safe At Night, Relentless Traduzione, Luke Combs Cover Songs Fast Car, Best Of Me Easy Lyrics, Chahatt Khanna Age, Tiffany & Co Dog Tag Necklace, Types Of Self-esteem, Cara Gee Age, Shaun Majumder Interview, Badnaam Gali Cast, Colin Edwards Simoncelli, Buddy Poppy Wear It Proudly, Mango Outlet Barcelona, Wayne Pronunciation, Everyone Else (2009 Watch Online), Terrific Meaning In Tamil, Jaylon Smith Pro Bowl, Taza Chef Apache, Carter & Lovecraft, Big Horn Fire Satellite Images, California Poppy Plants For Sale Uk, About Love (2017 123movies), Northanger Abbey Editions, The Wreck Of The Golden Mary Summary, All Is Calm, All Is Bright Mario Badescu, Berkshire Welco Dba The Pass, Parasyte Part 1 English Subtitles, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Xbox One, Tortilla Flat Monterey, Remagen Bridge Today, Halsey Merch, Thomas Rhett Wife Book, Dr Dolittle 3 Dvd, Amina J Mohammed Net Worth, Sacred Games Characters, Taeyeon Father Age, Ricki's Sweater Sale, Nicholas Nickleby 2002 Nominations, Fort Collins Air Quality Today, Romola Garai 2020, 1942 I Married A Witch, Is Room A Common Noun, Uniqlo Story, Youngjae Instagram Private, Pitch Black Bioraptor Sounds,