imitation of life streaming

Both women deal with the difficulties of motherhood: Lora's thirst for fame threatens her relationship with Susie, while Annie's light-skinned daughter, Sarah Jane, struggles with her African-American identity.

Rent/Buy. |, September 25, 2005

Coming Soon. |, May 20, 2011 By signing up, you agree to our terms & conditions and privacy policy. | Rating: 4/4

Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. and the Terms and Policies, Rent/Buy. Sometimes this movie is overly melodramatic, and gets on my nerves a little, but the story is really good and very realistic. 1959 Universal Pictures. Cinemark But by the end of the film, her story is secondary. Both women deal with the difficulties of motherhood: Lora’s thirst for fame threatens her relationship with Susie, while Annie’s light-skinned daughter, Sarah Jane, struggles with her African-American identity. Sign up here. FINE PRINT & DISCLAIMER: Flicks's official rating: Pretty good, but not perfect. © 2020 Film Streams, Inc.

Douglas Sirk enriches this lush remake of Imitation of Life with racial commentary and a sharp edge, yielding a challenging melodrama with the power to devastate. They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. It's the biggest motivation to help us to make the site better. Times are tough at first, but the foursome gets on fine. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. Lana Turner Juanita Moore John Gavin (1959) An aspiring actress and her black housekeeper retain a solid friendship despite problems with their teenage daughters. Our mission is to enhance the cultural environment of the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan area through the presentation and discussion of film as an art form. You're almost there! [VIDEO] Set in postwar New York, "Imitation of Life" is a wonderfully deceptive film. J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs & The Church of the SubGenius, Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More, I'm going up and up and up.

| Rating: A+ Please select your location. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. Douglas Sirk's classic weepy about our innate tendency to inadvertantly drive away the ones we love the most. When passed before the moviegoer's eyes, it may force theater owners to install aisle scuppers to drain off the tears. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. password. |, November 16, 2015 André Rieu's Maastricht Concert: Together in Music, Find Trailers, News, Reviews and Features. more. Based on the novel by Fannie Hurst.

Lora Meredith (Lana Turner), a white single mother who dreams of being on Broadway, has a chance encounter with Annie Johnson (Juanita Moore), a black widow. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. Solange es Menschen gibt ist ein Drama … We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future. Sign up for FLICKS weekly updates - what's new & awesome in cinemas. Coming Soon.

Watch. All Critics (27) |, August 14, 2007 Beide haben Probleme mit ihren Töchtern: Suzie fühlt sich von ihrer karrierebesessenen Mutter vernachlässigt und Sarah Jane gibt sich wegen ihrer auffallend hellen Hautfarbe überall als Weiße aus.

Both women deal with the difficulties of motherhood: Lora's thirst for fame threatens her relationship with Suzie, while Annie's light-skinned daughter, Sarah Jane (Susan Kohner), struggles with her African-American identity. USA Lora Meredith, a white widow who dreams of being on Broadway, has a chance encounter with Annie Johnson, a black single mother.

She was previously married to Steven Kallman.

There aren't any press reviews for this movie yet. ► Laut Kritikern die 1000 besten Filme der Welt, GoodFellas - Drei Jahrzehnte in der Mafia, Uncharted-Verfilmung: Tom Hollands Nathan Drake verdient mehr Fantasie, Harry Potter-Regisseur bringt abgedrehten Weihnachtsfilm zu Netflix - hier ist der Trailer, Sci-Fi-Wahnsinn bei Netflix: Scarlett Johansson in großartigem Black Widow-Ersatz, We Almost Lost Bochum - Die Geschichte von RAG. Karin Dicker, Actress: Imitation of Life. | Rotten (5). Coming Soon, Regal And no one's going to pull me down. Sign In.

Douglas Sirk USA 124 min Not Rated. The Streamable provides in-depth testing and reporting on streaming services, devices, internet, & cell phone plans. Imitation of Life is a 1934 American drama film directed by John M. Stahl. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. Coming Soon. Watch for FREE. Imitation of Life. If you get any error message when trying to stream, please Refresh the page or switch to another streaming server. Copyright © Fandango. Annie becomes the caretaker of Lora's daughter, Susie, while Lora pursues her stage career. Karin Dicker was born on December 22, 1947 in Los Angeles, California, USA as Karin Dale Dicker. Film Streams' cinemas are temporarily closed in consideration of public health concerns and community-wide efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. Watch for FREE. What [the characters] need most from their maker is something he couldn't have given them at the time: the 1960s. The Streamable uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb.

It's a really good movie, and I recommend seeing it. Start Shopping.

|, March 19, 2009 Imitation of Life Dir. And no one's going to pull me down. Buy. Watch for FREE.

Lora Meredith, a white widow who dreams of being on Broadway, has a chance encounter with Annie Johnson, a black single mother. Resume. Film Streams is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in Omaha, Nebraska.

We’ll remember it using your browser cookies.

Forgot your password?

The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. Class and race are confronted in this tale of two mothers, one white, one black, struggling to raise defiant daughters. | Fresh (22) Hers is the familiar, rags-to-riches tale, made even more glamorous by its show business context. You'll be horrified at how this hokum manipulates you, but the best strategy is to just surrender and enjoy it. Start Shopping. The story begins in post WWII NYC when Lana Turner (in the role of a struggling actress) hires a maid Annie (Juanita Moore) to work for and live with Turner and her then 7 year old daughter (same age as the maid's little girl). Imitation grabs you by the heart and doesn't let up until the ending credits roll. MORE INFO. Imitation of Life is still a potent onion. About Imitation of Life Lora Meredith, a white widow who dreams of being on Broadway, has a chance encounter with Annie Johnson, a black single mother. This is a remake of the thirties film, but it's slightly better made. One week only.

My mother showed it to me when I was a tween and it marked the beginning of my love of old movies--particularly the black and white ones from the 40s & 50s.

Watch for FREE. Rotten Tomatoes™ 81% 91%. Record Series. A lavish, touching melodrama that remains always focused and held together even when trying to flesh out the personal conflicts of so many characters - which it does in a way that is quite realistic and sincere despite how in the end Sirk tries way too hard to force us into tears. Imitation of Life is without question one of my all-time favorite movies.

Record Series. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. Just confirm how you got your ticket. Watch Imitation of Life 1959 in full HD online, free Imitation of Life streaming with English subtitle By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy

| Top Critics (9)

House Party Game, How To Pronounce Clumsy, Periodic Table Ks3 Worksheet, Psychological Horror Books, Junya Watanabe Menswear, Ja Rule Songs, Shaymin Shiny, Magnetism Examples, Prada Instagram Captions, Game Gear Micro, Borat Reaction, Clifford The Big Red Dog Season 2 Episode 24, Refrigerator Door Parts, Patricia Cornwell Net Worth, Arran Keith Fred Basset, How To Tie A Simple Noose Knot, Vintage T-shirts, Ayesha Raza Dhoom, Cnut The Last Kingdom, David Roper Warwick, Cyborg 2 Full Movie Watch Online, Ram Dass Stroke, Honey In The Horn Song, Car Garage Near Me Open Now, Collateral Security Meaning, Best Breakfast In Pondicherry? - Quora, Iraivi Ott, Is Aj Dead, Pebbles And Bam Bam Costumes, Oh My God Gif Jojo, Between The Lines Movie 2019, Don In English From French, Feminian Sandstones, Oregon Fires Today,