east frisian language

Not to be confused with Ostfriesland Low Saxon, which is often referred to as Ostfriesisch. Frisia is a historical coastal region along the southeastern corner of the North Sea in what today is mostly a large part of the Netherlands (Nederland), including modern Friesland, and smaller parts of northern Germany. By signing up for this email, you are agreeing to news, offers, and information from Encyclopaedia Britannica. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. "Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace), Default is "no".
I still do not want to be a young Keerl from now 21 Johr and I see where these are becoming more and more memorable as young Lüü from East Frisia seek with the NDS Wikipedia to bring some of this standard platform. Could you please stop the request?Neronno (talk) 09:20, 8 June 2020 (UTC) The dialect is characterized by a typical accent and vocabulary, which differ strongly from the other Low Saxon dialects. The East-Frisian standard language is taught in schools. Neronno (talk) 17:50, 24 June 2020 (UTC), As @Holder: mentioned above: East Frisian Low Saxon (frs) is covered by Low German Wikipedia (nds). I come from Declarations where neither a Bült freeske Words are made. It is part of the Nordwestblock which is a hypothetical historic region linked by language and culture. --Murma174 (talk) 16:02, 14 August 2020 (UTC), I see another problem, as the test wiki https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/frs/H%C5%8Dwds%C4%ABd does not use the (more or less) official orthography by: https://www.platt-wb.de/platt-hoch/?term=Oostfreesk --Murma174 (talk) 17:27, 14 August 2020 (UTC), From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki. It is the third-most-widely spoken Germanic language, after its close relatives English and German. The East Frisians are also related to the North Frisians and the Westlauwers Frisians. The East-Frisian language is a standardized language with it’s own spelling, dictionary and detailed grammar book. [4]. It is one of two groups of mutually intelligible dialects, the other being East Low German dialects. Dutch dialects are remarkably diverse and are found in the Netherlands and northern Belgium. Dutch(Nederlands ) is a West Germanic language spoken by about 24 million people as a first language and 5 million people as a second language, constituting the majority of people in the Netherlands and Belgium. Probably the same policy would be held towards us. The language is part of the larger group of the West Germanic Frisian languages.

The western dialects are closer to the Low Saxon Language spoken in the Dutch province of Groningen, Gronings. North Frisian (nordfriisk) is a minority language of Germany, spoken by about 10,000 people in North Frisia. Northern Low Saxon is a subgroup of West Low German dialects of Low German. [ citation needed ].

For example: Antje (from Anna), Trientje (from Trina = Katharina) etc. The East-Frisian standard language is taught in schools. That gives such a bunch of words the fresher bundle to the halls just in this East Frisian Wikipedia middle ground. The percentage of speakers among parents dropped from 34% in 1995 to 15% in 2011. Item about the language at Wikidata. The term was established by the Dutch researcher Johan Winkler in his work about Dutch, Low German and Frisian dialects in the region. This page was last edited on 14 August 2020, at 17:27. We received from the Jungfreeske Meenskupp in the Künn that an Eastfrench Wikipedia d'rher should not be used, because we do not want us to speak either. And yes it is en:East Frisian Low Saxon (frs) wich has its own structure, grammar, lexical standard etc. Frisia has changed dramatically over time, both through floods and through a change in identity. Its most salient feature is its diphthongization. en:East Frisian language still has an own Wikipedia: Seelterfräiske Wikipedia. Old Frisian Pronoun Comparison between West, East and North Frisian. I think I recognize his orthographie. Other articles where East Frisian language is discussed: West Germanic languages: Dialects: East Frisian survives today only in the German Saterland, consisting of the three parishes of Ramsloh, Strücklingen, and Scharrel, each with a slightly different dialect.
The dialects in the east, called Harlinger Platt, are strongly influenced by Northern Low Saxon of Oldenburg. You will find more examples here in the American Cyclopaedia Vol 7, by George Ripley and Charles A Dana, 1874

https://www.britannica.com/topic/East-Frisian-language. Be on the lookout for your Britannica newsletter to get trusted stories delivered right to your inbox. When East-Frisian is used in Low German language projects (like Wikipedia), it’s grammar and words are changed artificially in order to transform it into a Low German dialect. There East Frisian Low Saxon is spoken since three centuries. The biggest difference seems to be that of loanwords (from Dutch or German, resp.).

Westphalian or Westfalish/Westphalish is one of the major dialect groups of West Low German. fautjes ‘little feet’, kluntje ‘lump of rock sugar’. The UNESCO Atlas of endangered languages lists the language as vulnerable. If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin"). East Frisian Low Saxon is not to be confused with the Eastern Frisian language; the latter, spoken by about 2,000 individuals in the Saterland region, is a Frisian language, not Low German. There are regular, short broadcasts in Frisian on the radio, occasional Frisian articles in the German newspapers, and some Frisian literature, theatre and choirs. It must be stressed that the three main variants are NOT mutually intelligible. However, both active and passive language skills are in a state of decrease. Low German or Low Saxon is a West Germanic language variety spoken mainly in Northern Germany and the northeastern part of the Netherlands. Ensure that there are a sufficient number of native editors of that language to merit an edition in that language. The language committee needs to verify the language is eligible to be approved. This will appear in the language list on. The term used in East Frisia is "Oostfreeske Taal" or "Oostfreeske Platt" while "Oostfreeske Platt" means "East Frisian wich is easy to understand" in East Frisian.

Frisian language, Frisian Frysk, Dutch Fries, the West Germanic language most closely related to English. Saterland Frisian , also known as Sater Frisian or Saterlandic ( Seeltersk ), is the last living dialect of the East Frisian language . There are several dialects in East Frisian Low Saxon. It is situated west of Groningen, northwest of Drenthe and Overijssel, north of Flevoland, northeast of North Holland, and south of the Wadden Sea. Not just as … They inhabit an area known as Frisia and are concentrated in the Dutch provinces of Friesland and Groningen and, in Germany, East Frisia and North Frisia.

The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below: instance/subclass (P31/P279) = language, modern language / Northern Low Saxon.

The Frisian languages are still spoken by more than 500,000 people; West Frisian is officially recognised in the Netherlands, and North Frisian and Saterland Frisian are recognised as regional languages in Germany. East Frisians are, in the wider sense, the inhabitants of East Frisia in the northwest of the German state of Lower Saxony.

Me Vs I, Escape To The Chateau: Diy Series 2 Cast, Pokémon Egg Moves List, Derek Chauvin Windermere Home Address, American Sniper Death, The Motorcycle Diaries - Watch Online, Midsomer Murders'' Let Us Prey Part 2, Goethe Faust Deutsch, Return To The Isle Of The Lost: A Descendants Novel, Thomas Rhett Net Worth 2020, The Courier Ending, Cornelius Meaning, Dark Water (2002), The Rite Book, Morgan Wallen New Song 2020 Not Released, In The Thunder And Rain You Stare Into My Eyes Lyrics, I Can T Stop I Won T Stop Suits, Tower Of Darkness Pokemon Guide, Eeboo Jigsaw Puzzles Uk, Rough Sawn Lumber Near Me, Truck Driver Salary, Buku Notes, Minor Details Podcast, Raabta Budget, Andrew Ladd Wife, Operation Crossbow Book, How Old Is James Brolin, 50 Usd To Hungarian Forint, Akshata Murthy Date Of Birth, Found Footage 3d Review, Hear You Me One Tree Hill, Got7 Mark, Chetan Hansraj Movies, Watch The Wedding Planner, Summer Soft Lyrics, Every Little Thing Lyrics,