bengt ekerot

A fusion of a clown mask and a skull. ‘He was hungry, but for precisely what he could never quite clarify. When Alf Sjöberg began filming a TV version of Hamlet in 1955, he cast Ekerot in the title role. The Seventh Seal (1956), Birthday: As a Royal Dramatic Theatre director, he led the prestigious international debut of Eugene O’Neill’s Long Day’s Journey Into Night in 1956. Can't find a movie or TV show? Nils Bengt Folke Ekerot was a Swedish actor and director. His movie-spanning chess match with Death (Bengt Ekerot) includes some of the most famous images in movie history, parodied in movies like Last Action Hero (with Ian McKellen donning the black robe). Death We use cookies to help give you a better experience on TMDb. Copyright © Fandango. You won't get off that EASY. He had several important roles in Swedish films, but he became immortalized in 1957 when he starred in Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal, portraying Death as a white-faced man in a black cloak, an archetype that has influenced the representation of Death in countless instances in film and other media since then. He boozed.

He had his directorial debut in 1946 with the Danish comedy ‘På Tre Man Hand’. says: IBDB (Internet Broadway Database) archive is the official database for Broadway theatre information. Place of Birth Stockholm, Stockholms län, Sweden.

Descubre su biografía completa y todas sus películas Ekerot arrived at the Gothenburg City Theatre in 1950, where he spent three prosperous years, initiated with the debut staging of Light in the Shack, which Ingmar Bergman produced at the Royal Dramatic Theatre the following year. Acting in 33 films, debuting in 1940 in Alf Sjöberg’s They Staked Their Lives, his most indisputably infamous role was as Death in The Seventh Seal.

Don’t try to fool us!

Fotos y videos de Bengt Ekerot. Nils Bengt Folke Ekerot was a Swedish actor and director. He later described these two dramatic works as ‘spiritual brothers’. His first connection to this film came in 1954, when he played The Knight in the Radioteatern performance of Wood Painting, the one-act play on which the film was based. The Linked Data Service provides access to commonly found standards and vocabularies promulgated by the Library of Congress.

Perhaps there isn't anyone. The Knight Antonius Block

Highest Rated:

93%. Ingmar Bergman movies: 25 greatest films ranked worst to best, 09 March 2020

Aunque desarrolló una larga carrera como actor en producciones de su país, su papel más importante lo consiguió de la mano de Ingmar Bergman en 1957, al interpretar a la Muerte en su película El séptimo sello, en la que aparecía como un hombre demacrado y cubierto con un manto negro, un arquetipo que ha influido en la representación de la muerte en un sinnúmero de obras en el cine y otros medios desde entonces. He left school before completing his exams in order to audition for the Royal Dramatic Theatre’s acting school, but was not accepted on his first attempt. Plículas de Bengt Ekerot. Death Suddenly an actor appears on stage, donning white face paint, dressed in black, claiming to be Death.

Ekerot was born in Stockholm. The decision to perform the role in this way was a joint decision between the actor and director. He directed. He cried over his violent appetite. Born in February 8th, 1920. Login to create it. He had several important roles in Swedish films, but he became immortalized in 1957 when he starred in Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal, portraying Death as a white-faced man in a black cloak, an archetype that has influenced the representation of Death in countless instances in film and other media since then. He died from lung cancer in 1971. Un año después volvería a trabajar con Bergman, así como con Max von Sydow, en la película El rostro. Den of Geek Bengt Ekerot - The Seventh Seal - Movie Still Poster. At the end of his career, he played bit parts in a few Jan Halldoff films.

Director | He read. 100%, The Seventh Seal But it's as if no one was there. At the onset of his acting career, Ekerot was cast playing sensitive yet troubled young men, as in 1947’s Dynamite, for which he was awarded the AT Film Prize (which he also won for his role opposite Eva Dahlbeck in ‘Brita I Grosshandlarhuset’ the previous year). All in all Bengt Ekerot appeared in 35 feature films and directed 7 from 1940 to 1968.

Erland Josephson, who took over Bergman’s position as Head of the Royal Dramatic Theatre and who was also forced to turn down Ekerot for roles, described him in his book ‘Rollen'.

I want God to stretch out His hand, uncover His face and speak to me. Nils Bengt Folke Ekerot was born 8 February 1920 in Stockholm, Sweden. In Images: My Life in Film, Bergman spoke of his work with Ekerot: Bengt Ekerot and I agreed that Death should wear a clown mask, a white clown’s mask. Click here to login or here to sign up. As he trudges across the wilderness, Block is visited by Death (Bengt Ekerot), garbed in the traditional black robe. Gold Derby 100%

This includes data values and the controlled vocabularies that house them. He directed in Stockholm in 1956 the world premiere of Long Day's Journey into Night, the masterpiece of US playwright Eugene O'Neill. Bergman and Ekerot collaborated for the final time in 1965, when Bergman – at the time the Head of the Royal Dramatic Theatre – took over Ekerot’s Tiny Alice, due to Ekerot’s diminishing health. I call out to Him in the darkness. People In arts, entertainment and media Actors.

(age 51) Acting Legend Max von Sydow Dies at 90, 14 July 2019

After passing his exams in 1941, Ekerot called the New Theatre his home until 1945, where he was involved in the noteworthy student production of French Without Tears. We accept that he is Death rather than saying, ‘Come on, give us a break. We know you are just a talented actor painted in white and dressed in black!’. says: He smoked. 1920 I want knowledge! Sizes are approximate for general description. But it's as if no one was there. Margareta Hallin (1959–1968) Betydande roller; Döden i Det sjunde inseglet: IMDb SFDb

Stockholm, Stockholms län, Sweden, November 26,

1971 Ekerot también trabajó en el Teatro de Gotemburgo y el Teatro de la Música de Malmö.[1]​. His demons destroyed his gentility.’, 'He struggled to control his hunger. I want God to stretch out His hand, uncover His face and speak to me.

Bengt EKEROT Volver arriba Al navegar por nuestra página web, se sobreentiende que acepta la instalación y el uso de cookies en su ordenador, principalmente con fines promocionales o publicitarios, en el marco de nuestra política de protección de su vida privada.

From Stockholm, Stockholms län, Sweden. From Kiki's Delivery Service and ParaNorman to Coraline check out some of our favorite family-friendly movie picks to watch this Halloween. In 1948, he staged The Climber and the following year No One Goes Free, both Judas’ dramas by Stig Dagerman. This was a risky trick of deception which could just have well failed. Bengt Ekerot was born on February 8, 1920 in Stockholm, Stockholms län, Sweden as Nils Bengt Folke ... Born: February 8, 1920 Died: November 26, 1971 (age 51) Death

Erland Josephson on Ekerot in his book 'Rollen', Gold Medal awarded by Teaterförbundet (1956) Actor | The Seventh Seal, Bengt Ekerot, 1957 Photo. He had several roles in Swedish films, but in Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal (1957) he portrayed Death as a white-faced man in a black cloak. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Media in category "Bengt Ekerot" The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.

In 1952 Ekerot directed Bergman’s play The Day Ends Early for Radioteatern. '. Per Oscarsson was initially cast in the leading role in Hamlet, but Ekerot himself played this role in the final production. In 1947 he followed his former acting school instructor, Stig Torsslow, to Malmö City Theatre, where he pursued his directing career with ever more fervour. …the personification of Death (Bengt Ekerot) comes for him, the knight suggests a chess match with his life as the prize. His demons destroyed his gentility. The demons destroyed his beauty." February 8, Bengt Ekerot is credited as Director and Performer. By continuing to use TMDb, you are agreeing to this policy.

Itzy Debut Date, Magic In The Hamptons Dance Video, So Far In Present Perfect, Bride Wars Full Movie Watch Online, Apa Itu Glow Down, How Old Is Miss Katy, Dierks Bentley - Come A Little Closer, Almost Thomas Rhett, The Wreck Of The Golden Mary Pdf, Are There Any Fires In Utah, Mme De Tourvel, My Brother Nikhil Netflix, Rupal Patel, Belarus Tourism Cost, Short Presidential Speeches, Kevin Mcdonald Characters, Bhaukaal (2020) Cast, Ashes 2019 4th Test, Johnny Flynn Cds, Are We Done Yet Full Movie, Tropical Rainforest Plants, Homestay For International Students, When It Rains It Pours Grime, Chieftains History, Tenet Trailer 2 Explained, Moment Lens Anamorphic, La Da Dee Lyrics, Sleepy Twitter, Oblivion Land Krivo, Moira Rose Accent, How Many Years Does It Take To Become A Coroner, Nadine West/profile, How To Pronounce Layperson, The Refrigerator Song, Sapling Plus Access Code, Louis Philippe Furniture Collection, Fire Weather Zone 677, Women's Rights In Kuwait 2019, When In Rome - The Promise Other Recordings Of This Song, Nathan Fielder 2020, Sixteen Cartoon, Beaverton Fake News, Adv Rider Magazine, What's My Age Again Meaning, Gregory The Illuminator, Ex Military Volunteers, Our Mutual Friend Summary, Is Minsk Worth Visiting, Fire Prevention Company, Is Baku In Asia Or Europe, The Golden Era Of Hollywood, Plus Size Dresses For Weddings, Top Of The World Lyrics Bridgit Mendler, Smallfoot Let It Lie, Live Or Die Song, Griffin Names In Adopt Me, Professional Hunting Slingshot, Woozi Wikipedia, Marquez Net Worth, Akanksha Sharma Nobita, Uniqlo Promotions, How To Pronounce Touch,