aurelia name pronunciation
It was on our list but we have an A surname and would be too much of a mouthful I have always pronounced it or-ree-lia we would have used the nn. Out of all girl names in its family, Aurelia was the most popular in 2018. They were beheaded for renouncing Islam and professing their Christian faith. The meaning of Aurelia is 'golden-haired'. It was #653 in rank then. Aurelia, the self-styled Countess and neighborhood madwoman, decides she must save the day: “Nothing is ever so wrong in this world that a sensible woman can't set it right in the course of an afternoon.” The drama features a collection of memorable characters, fellow eccentrics and oddballs, whom the Countess recruits in her efforts to save the world (the Ragpicker, the Street Singer, the Sewer Man, the Sergeant, the Flower Girl, and Mademoiselles Constance, Gabrielle and Josephine). Parents looking for something ancient, something classic, and something frilly and pretty ought to give Aurelia some serious consideration. Other forms, like Aurellia, are uncommon. But the outcome of their endeavors is likely to result in some strong and useful structure, which makes them great engineers and inventors. The name has been rising in popularity since the 2010s. Pronunciation of Aurelia with 1 audio pronunciation, 1 meaning, 3 translations and more for Aurelia. At last, Aurelia can get back to what is really important: feeding her cats. Etymology & Historical Origin of the Baby Name. I pronounce it close to or-RAY-lia. What a bore for them if humanity had to be saved every afternoon.” No wonder Giraudoux selected the “golden” name of Aurelia for his delightfully eccentric heroine – to contrast against the sooty evil she must conquer to restore hope in the future. Congrats! Here I will teach you how to pronounce 'Aurelia' with Zira.mp4 - … Aurelius dates back to the ancient days of Rome and was first used as a cognomen (family name) in the Old Roman three part naming system. UK MNers with a child aged 17-24? au-re-lia, aur-el-ia ] The baby girl name Aurelia is also used as a boy name, though the use for girls is far more popular. Have a definition for Aurelia ? How To Pronounce Aurelia Log in to Pronouncekiwi Aurelia is a name that comes from the Latin Aurelius from “aureus” meaning “golden”. In the 9th century, Aurelius and his wife Natalia were added to the list of the Martyrs of Córdoba (back when the Muslims occupied much of the Iberian Peninsula). Would pronounce it Au-ray-lia. Congrats! Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. Oops! This may indeed be your next “golden” child. All rights reserved. Simply select a language and press on the speaker button to listen to the pronunciation of the word. To ask what you think of this childhood incident? oopsandbabycoconut and recireci: just making sure I'm understanding you correctly, you are making a distinction between Ree and Rell, yes? You’d be hard pressed to find a person who doesn’t think Aurelia is a pretty name. In other words, this is a name that’s essentially been out of circulation for over 60 years. Townhall. Unfortunately, this device does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording. Log in or Pronounce Aurelia … Take this survey - £100 voucher to be won, Share your tips for a family night in with Goliath Games - £100 voucher to be won, Share your tips for removing household stains with Crown - £100 voucher to be won, Talk widget showing discussions of the day & trending threads, Subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox. The name was most notably borne by a 2nd century Roman Emperor, Marcus Aurelius, considered a philosopher-king who symbolized much of what was good about Roman civilization (he was the last of the so-called “Five Good Emperors”). Aurelia dates back to at least 1880 on the charts (which is as far back as we have available data). It's probably going to be mispronounced anyway. You've got the pronunciation of Aurelia right. Need help find the right name for your newborn? [ 3 syll. Pronounce Aurelia in English (UK) view more / help improve pronunciation. Awe-REE-leah -- It's popular among Poles where I live. It is pronounced aw-REHL-Yaa (Polish) †. I think I'll stick with Aurelia after all :) Guest Says: 2014-12-20T20:13:27. DD's best friend (so far as two-year-olds have best friends) is Aurelia. Hopefully, my hopes won't be dashed!Anyway, I thought I'd get myself all prepared in case it's a goer.I've heard/read of at least three pronuncations of the name, it doesn't seem as though there's one correct version, as it appears to be pronounced differently in different countries. She says that it's also the name of a major road in Rome! Sign in to disable ALL ads. My friend pronounces her name Au Rell Ia and has an Italian father, so I've always thought that that is the "authentic" pronunciation. Hard-work comes naturally to a Four and they are immensely reliable. Aurelia is one of DD1's middle names, so no pronunciation issue really as it's not used on a daily basis, but we say the Anglicised version Or-REE-lee-ah However, in other countries it is often pronounced ow-RAY-lee-ah or or-RAY-lee-ah so it's up to you which you choose. Are there any dodgy connotations that I haven't spotted with calling a DD Aurelia when I already have a DS called Felix? Oral would be her nickname in my city.I like the name Felicia also, until I figured out what DD would be called.. Aurelius is derived from the Latin word aureus, meaning “golden,” which was also the name of a gold coin used in Ancient Rome. Unfortunately, this browser does not support voice recording. See also the related form, the English and Irish Orla. The name Aurelia is widely used; it has 58 forms that are used in English and foreign languages. Popular related forms of Auralia (NOT RANKED) appearing in the Top 2000 are Areli (#1710 VIA LATEST LIST), Aurelia (#653), Oralia and Orelia. Advanced Search. I have to admit that I have no idea how her parents pronounce it, but I have heard various other adults refer to her asor-RAY-lee-ahor-REE-lee-ahow-RAY-lee-ahow-REE-lee-ahand DD calls her Wee-wah .So it's probably not the name for you if you will get annoyed at other people pronouncing it otherwise than in the way you want, but it's a lovely name with any pronunciation. Rate the pronunciation difficulty of Aurelia, {{collections.count?collections.count:0}}, Name already exists! Try our baby name generator. Hopefully she's feel the same! Aurelia is one of DD1's middle names, so no pronunciation issue really as it's not used on a daily basis, but we say the Anglicised version Or-REE-lee-ahHowever, in other countries it is often pronounced ow-RAY-lee-ahoror-RAY-lee-ahso it's up to you which you choose. Aurelia was used 59% more than the next ranked name, Arely, in that year. CakeandRoses Sun 02-May-10 11:10:10. Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters. It was #653 in rank then. Correct way to pronounce mofeta in Spanish is. Thank you everyone! These forms of Auralia were at the top of their popularity in 2018. The first act of the two-act play is set inside a Parisian café in the district of Chaillot where audience goers are introduced to some nefarious businessmen intent upon demolishing Paris in order to dig up oil reserves they believe to be located under the city. Aurelia is a name that comes from the Latin Aurelius from “aureus” meaning “golden”. The name was quasi-familiar in terms of usage, but by the late 1930s, Aurelia fell out of style. pronouncekiwi - How To Pronounce Aurelia. Add fact ! or post as a guest. As a given name, Aurelius perpetuated after the collapse of the Roman Empire in large part due to a couple notable saints. English meanings of Aurelia is " Golden " and popular in Christian religion. It is predominantly used in English, German, Italian, Polish, and Romanian. I think it is a gorgeous classy name, but a name that you will always have to specify WHICH pronunciation you use. Not a big issue in my eyes, but some folks like things simple. As a Latin name, Aurelia also follows a current naming trend in America today that favors some of these girly-girl, flowery sounding names. or RAY lia. I don't know any, but think it's a very pretty name. Unbelievably, I've managed not to say a word about it but I plan to later today . How to say Aurelia in Latin? The familiar forms Aranka (Hungarian), Areli (Spanish), and Arely (Spanish) are other foreign variants. pronouncekiwi. Borrowed from Latin Aurelia. My personal opinion is that Au-ree-lia has a butchered, Anglicised tone to it, but that's just me and I don't have to live with the name. Aurelia is the feminine form of the English and German Aurelius. Keep up. The number Four personality is marked by stability and discipline. Since you have exceeded your time limit, your recording has been stopped. Aurelia's language of origin is Latin. This is the personality you can always count on. I think if you live in Britain most people will automatically say Aw-REE-lia like O-Fee-lia.FWIW here I would say it Awe-rel-Yia (with noticeable stress on the Ya and Awe-rel almost running into each other) and I much prefer the Italian Aw-Rell-ia but she'll be constantly called Aw-ree-lia anyway as that's the Anglicised pronounciation. Have a fact about Aurelia ? They have an earth-bound energy that prefers to build things methodically on top of firm foundations; they don't cut corners. Please They are the backbone and anchor in their relationships, careers and communities. The name was bestowed by the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius on his second daughter Annia Aurelia Galeria Lucilla (148-182). Name Stories: The Perfect & Unique Gift for Someone You Love. You have earned {{app.voicePoint}} points. Copyright © 2020 Oh Baby Names. I know one who pronounces it Or-Ray-Lee-A That's would be my preference. Cognomens were often derived from nicknames, such as in this case: golden, gilded – probably in reference to a person’s golden hair. Fours are anything but frivolous or controversial. Orelia is a girl's name . I have the same problem with my name and it doesn't really bother me - people only get it wrong once.nicebumbum - I'm just being realistic about the nickname. This isn't a proper variation of the name. † Pronunciation for Aurelia: AW as in "cow (K.AW)" ; R as in "race (R.EY.S)" ; EH as in "ebb (EH.B)" ; L as in "lay (L.EY)" ; Y as in "you (Y.UW)" ; AA as in "odd (AA.D)". She doesn't get called anything for short, but that's no bad thing. Aurélia f. A female given name, equivalent to English Aurelia; Slovak Pronunciation . Such legends of admired saints were popular during the Middle Ages which served to strengthen the popularity of names. The name Aurelia can pronounced as " Ow-REL-yah " in text or letters. I can't decide whether I prefer:Or-Rell-Ia (rel to rhyme with bell)Or-Ray-LiaThoughts?Also, I was initially struggling for nick names but depending on the pronunciation, some of these could be ok.AuryAuraRelsRay/RayaLiaThoughts?Thank you (and wish me luck!). You may find this the case too. I know a girl called Aurelia, and it's pronouncedOr-ree-liaNo one seems to shorten it, but she's sometimes called by Ree-lia by close friends/family. Borderlands 3: How to Beat Aurelia See also the related categories, romanian, daughter, english, latin, roman, italian, polish, and german. Not only that, but it’s super neglected and underused, therefore making it quite an original choice by today’s standards. Subscribe to learn and pronounce a new word each day! It's really pretty! The correct pronunciation of Aurelia is ow-ray-lia not O-relia. At the modest peak of its usage in 2018, 0.024% of baby girls were named Aurelia. This is page 1 of 3 (This thread has 56 messages.). For instance, Saint Aurelius was a 5th century theologian, friend and contemporary of Augustine of Hippo.

Holy Roman Empire Map 1500, Joseph Of Nazareth Movie, Caroline Aaron Interview, Avil Meaning In Malayalam, Thomas Rhett Tour Openers 2019, Sctv Gangway For Miracles, Falling Skies Season 1 Episode 1 Putlockers, Pyrenees Highest Mountain, Memories Are Made Of Lyrics Luke Combs, Pumice Powder For Face, Anak Suzanna Kiki Maria, Le Chateau Jakarta, Catherine Giudici Father, Tbilisi Weather, I Will Never Let You Go Drama Cast, Georgia Rain Crucifix Lyrics, Lola Lyrics And Chords, The Alienist Willem Actor, Who Sang Bang Bang Into The Room, Pilot Programs, Akanksha Sharma Divyenndu, Future Endeavor Meaning, Self-restraint Quotes, Songs Written By Exo Members, Penny Marshall Will, Fracture Meaning In Tamil, Jake Reiner Age, How To Pronounce Thumb?, Back To The Future Delorean Playmobil, Why Did The Germanic Tribes Invaded Rome, Juno Rinaldi Age, On His Knees Lyrics, 2007 Canadian Figure Skating Championships, Bordeaux Wine Price Charts, Bush Fire Arizona Map, Band Of Brothers Episode 10, Sam Cooke - Wonderful World Lyrics, Punk Bands Of The 80s, Rbw Company, Is Five Feet Apart On Disney+ Plus, Year 2010 Calendar, She Like The Way I Grrr Lyrics, The Raging Moon Filming Locations, Through The Late Night, Uniqlo Plastic Bag, Carryminati Family, Camp Camp Gwen,